2018 5km Run/Walk for Orphans
September 8, 2018
At Tynehead Regional Park, Surrey, BC
for Beautiful Gate Child Care Center in Lesotho, Africa
RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
• IN CONSIDERATION of the acceptance of my application and the granting of permission for me to participate as an entrant in the 2018 5 km Run/Walk for Orphans on September 8, 2018 at Tynehead Regional Park, Surrey, BC for Beautiful Gate Children’s Home in Lesotho, Africa and any or all of its associated events (the “Run/Walk for Orphans“), I, for myself and all of my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “RELEASORS”) HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE the Beautiful Gate Child Care Center Lesotho, Lesotho Africa Orphans Fund, Discipleship International, City of Vancouver, and all organizers of the Run/Walk for Orphans, and all other organizers, associations, sanctioning bodies and sponsoring companies, and all of their respective past, present and future representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, controlling persons, suppliers, distributors, contractors, agents, officials, assigns, servants, professional advisors and insurers, and all of their officers, directors, employees, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, assigns, heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives, as may be applicable (all hereinafter collectively referred to as the “RELEASEES”), from any and all causes of action, actions, suits, claims and demands for damages, liability, indemnity, expenses, interest, fees and costs, including legal fees and disbursements, whether at law or in equity or under any statute, in respect of death, injury, loss or damage of every nature and kind to my person or property however caused, whether anticipated or unanticipated, resulting from, arising out of or connected directly or indirectly with my participation in the Run/Walk for Orphans, whether as a spectator, participant, competitor or otherwise, whether such death, injury, loss or damage occurs prior to, during or subsequent to the Run/Walk for Orphans, and notwithstanding that any such death, injury, loss or damage may have been caused by, contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any of the RELEASEES.
• I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, interest, costs and
expenses incurred by me and/or the other RELEASORS arising out of, as a result of or in any way connected with my attendance at and/or participation in the Run/Run/Walk for Orphans, regardless of whether such liability, losses, damages or costs were caused by, contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any of the RELEASEES or otherwise.
• I AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIM, take any proceeding or commence or maintain any action in connection with the matters which are released and
discharged above, against any other person or corporation who might assert a claim over against any of the RELEASEES, or who might claim contribution or indemnity from the RELEASEES.
• I AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for any and all risks of bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to the Run/Walk for Orphans, whether caused by, contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise. I agree that at all times prior to, during or subsequent to the Run/Walk for Orphans, I shall be solely responsible for the safety of my person and my property.
• I FURTHER AGREE that this Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement extends to cover all acts of negligence by the RELEASEES and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province of British Columbia. If any portion or portions of this Agreement may be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to conflict with any federal, provincial or local law, and as a result such portion or portions are declared to be invalid and of no force and effect in such jurisdiction, then all remaining provisions of this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and shall be construed as if such invalid portion or portions had not been included herein.
• I WARRANT that I am physically fit and in the proper physical condition to participate in the Run/Walk for Orphans.
• I hereby give full permission for any of the RELEASEES to collect, use and disclose my name, photograph, electronic image and/or video image to recognize my participation in and promote the Run/Walk for Orphans in any broadcast, telecast and/or written account of the event.
• By submitting a registration fee to the organizers of the Run/Walk for Orphans, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE, WAIVER
OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, fully understand its terms without reservation, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to me and intend my signature to be a complete, final and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
• Any person under the age of nineteen (19) years who participates shall have this Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement signed by his or her parent or legal guardian who is over the age of nineteen (19) years, and shall present the signed Agreement to the organizers’ representative or designate on the day of the Run/Walk for Orphans.
If you would like a printed copy of our release/waiver agreement it is available below.
We look forward to seeing you on September 8, 2018 at Tynehead Park, Surrey.
We are sorry you will not be joining us for our 5K family run/walk.
May we interest you in becoming a prayer partner and/or supporting Beautifull Gate financially by making a donation?
To become a prayer partner subscribe to our email updates below.
Sign up to receive updates and prayer requests.